The process for obtaining your PAL/RPAL consists of the following steps:
- Reach the legal age for license application (12 years for PAL, 18 years for RPAL),
- Take the CFSC/CRFSC training course(s) and pass the written and practical examinations,
- Complete the required paperwork for individuals over 18 (form RCMP 5592 / CAFC 921E) and send to:
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
P.O Box 1200
Miramichi, NB E1N 5Z3
If you are between the age of 12yrs and 18yrs and wish to apply for a Minor Licence you must have first completed the CFSC course and passed with the required pass mark. Please contact the Chief Firearms Officer in the Province in which you will be using the firearm for the correct application process. No one under the age of 18 years can apply for the RPAL endorsement.
- Wait for CFO to process your application.
- Receive your licence in the mail.