The Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course, also known as the CRFSC, is intended for firearms users over the age of 18 as the second step in obtaining your RPAL (Restricted Possession and Acquisition Licence) endorsement. The first step would be to complete the CFSC. The RPAL endorsement allows the licence holder to possess and acquire restricted firearms that are beyond the scope of the PAL, which covers non-restricted firearms only. These licences are typically valid for 5 years and require renewal after that time.
On Point Training offers the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course portion of the application process. Once you have obtained the required pass marks for your CFSC and your CRFSC written and practical examinations, you can then apply to the Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) for your PAL/RPAL. The written exam is a 50-question multiple-choice paper and the practical exam is a classroom-only, firearms handling test. There is no live-fire or shooting element to the practical exam.
All firearms license applicants are screened by the CFO, where background checks are carried out. On Point Training has no involvement with the application process and cannot connect with CFO on behalf of the applicant.
The Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course will cover the following:
- An Introduction to the restricted firearms safety course
- The Canadian Firearms Program
- An Introduction to Firearms
- The evolution of firearms
- Major firearm parts
- ACTS & PROVE
- Basic safety practices
- Loading & unloading procedures for restricted firearms
- Operating handgun actions
- Safe handling and carrying of restricted firearms
- Firing techniques and procedures for handguns
- Introduction to marksmanship
- Care of restricted firearms
- Safe storage, display & transportation
- Social responsibilities
- & much more!
The course will be taught in a safe and friendly environment with both classroom and hands-on tuition. There will be both practical and written examinations however, please note, live fire and range visits are not offered as part of this course.
We do receive a substantial number of prospective students that have never handled firearms or been exposed to shooting sports. If this sounds like you, please take a look at the Introduction to Live Fire Course; we created it so you can be sure if obtaining your license is the right thing for you.
- You must have completed the CFSC (Canadian Firearms Safety Course) or take the CRFSC as part of our Combined CFSC/CRFSC Course
- You must not be subject to a current firearms prohibition.
- This course is 6 hours of tuition.
- Seats are limited to 12 students per course, mandated by CFO.
The examinations for this course can no longer be challenged without attending the course.
We believe that educational opportunities should be available for all and strongly encourage those that think they cannot, to become believers in themselves and see that they can. We know it takes a little help and sometimes it takes a lot of help but we aspire to be your trusted partner should you wish to pursue your goals. We make a promise to you that we will treat you with respect, dignity and with confidentiality. Whatever challenge you face, trust us to help you overcome it.
Always, safety first!